BECOME A PILOT
Harry Thomas Griffing, Sr. and his wife Sue founded Griffing Flying Service in 1937. Along with an air charter service, aircraft maintenance, and flights to the Lake Erie Islands, they also opened a flying school for the tri-county area. This flight school has grown to be the premier flight school for the surrounding area.
Since 1937 our knowledgeable and dedicated instructors have been continuing the flight school tradition. Instruction is available year round, seven days a week, from dawn to dusk for many levels of flight training.
Often our instructors are past graduates of professional pilot training programs, which ensures that you will receive only the best, most conscientious and safety oriented training available.
If you wish to make your dream of flying come true, contact us today to schedule an introductory one hour lesson. Gift certificates are also available.
A private pilot certificate allows one to fly an aircraft all on their own! Schedule an intro flight today to learn what it's all about!
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Obtain at least a current third-class medical certificate
- Receive a minimum of 40 hours of flight time including dual and solo flight
- Pass a knowledge test as well as the practical test
Griffing Flying Service offers flight instruction in owner aircraft, or you can rent an aircraft directly from us to complete your training. We are your source for primary training, advanced training, reccurent training, flight reviews, insurance checkrides, and anything training related.
- Aircraft - Piper Cherokee PA28-140
- Solo Rental - $108.25 per hour
- Dual Instruction - $150.00 per hour
Aircraft - Piper Archer PA28-181
- Solo Rental - $123.25 per hour
- Dual Instruction - $165.00 per hour
One-on-One Ground Training
- Private - $41.75 per hour
- Advanced - $51.50 per hour
- Instructor Rate - $62.00 per hour
- Cherokee PA28-140 - $201.50*
- Archer PA28-181 - $216.50*
*Base price only - price may increase if additional training is required for signoff